Whatever sprinkles your donuts….but please abide by our safety rules and regulations!
The following guidelines will help you enjoy a fun and safe event and provide some insight into how the ride is conducted:
- Cyclists must ride within the Ohio State Law including stopping at stop signs, riding on the correct side of the road and not wearing headphones.
- Please remember that All Roads are open to traffic, so please ride with extreme caution
- Please make sure your bike is fully prepared for this event
- Helmets are mandatory for all participants and straps must be fastened
- If you stop along the route, make sure you get off the road
- All participants must register, whether or not they are bicycling
- Stay on the right hand side of the road when passing and get as far to the right as possible
- Announce and signal all turns
- Announce “stopping” when you intend to stop and move completely off the road after stopping
- Allow adequate distance when following behind other bicycles
- Take downhills with caution
- Walk single file on the far right hand side when walking hills with your bicycle
- Point out or announce hazards to cyclists behind you who may not be able to see them clearly
- Be courteous to motorists
- Obey directions from the Butler County Donut Trail Cycle Challenge officials and local authorities
- Stay on the designated bicycle routes
- For riders 18 and under, stay within sight distance of my parent/guardian
- Each registrant must agree with and sign the Liability Waiver, (custodial parent or legal guardian signs for entrants under 18)
- You must be at least 14 years of age to participate
- We will not ship packets or t-shirts. There are no refunds, transfers or deferrals and we ride rain or shine!
Donut Yum Zone Rules:
Please be extra cautious while entering and exiting each Donut Yum Zone and make sure your bicycle is not parked on the road or in a walkway.
- Your cycle bib tags must be clearly visible
- For each stop you visit on the course, your bib will be clearly marked by staff for completion
- Donut holes are not permitted to leave the Donut Yum Zone areas
- Donut holes do not have to be devoured at every stop, but is highly encouraged to complete this challenge!